Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Week 5

Monday April 21 - Sunday April 27, 2014
Places visited:

  • San Pedro Park
  • Taste of Northside
  • CHUMC Family Fiesta
  • Pasha
  • NIOSA/Hotel Valencia
  • The Pearl/La Gloria

Here is the breakdown...

(I will try to keep this short because a. we went so many places and b. I am watching the Spurs game and it's halftime!)

On a beautiful, sunny day JC and I went to San Pedro park. The pool is WOW. That is absolutely something to which we'll return. I can't wait for it to open. According to the City's Parks and Recreation department website, that opening day is June 14! WOOP! Definitely check it out. 

Wednesday, we attended a Fiesta event called the Taste of Northside. 8 food tickets and 5 drink tickets for $55 and all for a good cause? I'm down! The winner of the night: the CORN. Delicious, grilled corn covered in healthy toppings like mayo, cheese and pepper flakes. YUM! (there is a pic on our instagram page @sathreesixtyfive.) We also enjoyed people watching and came up with a fabulous new game called "jumpsuit slugbug". The rule? When you see a woman wearing a jumpsuit, yell "jumpsuit slugbug!" and punch someone in your group. There were plenty of bruised arms, as this is quite a trendy look right now... 

Thursday, we swung by Colonial Hills United Methodist Church for their (official) annual family fiesta event. We didn't stay long since it was SO hot, and the cart food wasn't quite suitable for a 14 month old, but we do like that church since that's where JC will attend school, so we figured we'd swing by for a minute. We stayed long enough to hear the Navy Rock Band which was pretty fun. But dinner time awaited us, so off to Pasha we went! So delish.... pita bread the size of one's torso... BYOB (which we discovered too late - darn!)... and perfectly tasty, authentic Lebanese and Mediterranean cuisine. I had the salmon *kisses fingers a la Italian chefs* So. Good. 

Finally, we closed out our fiesta flings with my favorite: a Night in Old San Antonio. In case you're wondering, yes, we did play 'jumpsuit slugbug' again, though the pickings were slim. And yes, I wore a floral headband, and yes we ate food mostly off of sticks. Pretty much my favorite night. We stayed late but didn't want the night to end so off to Hotel Valencia we went. The V Bar was still quiet when we arrived but not for long! Soon, we were all dancing and carrying on - don't ask where we had the energy after 4 hours of NIOSA-ing, but we had it and we used it and we DANCED! Great night.

Saturday we went to lunch with my parents (who watched JC for us so we could eat and drink and dance all night) at La Gloria down at the Pearl. I had never been to either so this was exciting for me. Other than getting *almost trapped* in the Flambeau parade closures (4 hours before the actual parade, crazy!), we had a marvelous time. The food was amazing, and I liked the atmosphere. I wish we had sat outside, but we didn't want to wait, so indoor seating was A-OK with us. I think my parents liked it too, so win win! 

Another busy week! Filled with one-time events - whew! I am very much looking forward to going back to the Pearl and San Pedro park, though! Hope you all check it out, too. 

"Adventure is out there, explorers!" - Ellie, from the movie UP

~ S


Weekly TOTAL:
6 places this week, out of 3 - passed my goal!
5 NEW places this week, out of 65/year 

I mentioned Instagram above, but we're also on twitter - @SA365. See you around town! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment