Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 4

Monday April 14 - Sunday April 20, 2014

Places visited:

  • H-E-B (at the Alon)
  • Local School Playground 
  • St. Brigid Catholic Church

Here's the breakdown...

Y'all, we needed a recovery week. JC and I were WIPED OUT after the busy week last week, and thus I was very un-motivated to try all sorts of fun new things. So, we just lived a normal life for a week. It got sort of boring and trying (because let's be real, the house is wreck too, laundry needs to be done, I had lost my voice, and baby is teething...), but it didn't matter. Mama and baby had to REST.  Maybe it is fitting that my adventures for the week revolved around "home."

So, last week, I did visit a new H-E-B at the Alon shopping center (Wurzbach and NW Military). I liked this layout a lot, and their selection of healthy foods was great! I also appreciated their easy to find pharmacy layout, in addition to the clearly marked Kosher and gluten-free sections (of which I am neither, but still!). I ran into one of J's cousins here, so it already felt like my new "home" grocery store. On the way in/out, I noticed the Central Market-esque "Cafe on the Go" which is awesome. Gotta love a quick stop for a rotisserie chicken and some yummy sides! 

On Friday, when we'd had enough of each other, enough of the pollen, and enough of the "mehh" weather, JC and I went down the road to a local elementary school playground, which was empty earlier in the day due to school being out :) He loved to climb up the stairs and dive into the spider web fort thing-y. Meanwhile, I walked up and down a hill to try to get some "exercise" while being interviewed for the San Antonio Express News regarding stay-at-home moms! I'm excited to see what the reporter comes up with and of course I say 'um' and 'like' a billion times when I never, ever use verbal fillers otherwise.. Doh! Oh well, a fun time was had, and I would recommend that when you move to SA, you find out where your closest park is. Always a good day for kids and parents when you go to the park!

Finally, we closed out the week on Easter Sunday with Mass at St. Brigid's. This is the church J grew up in, so we're quite familiar with it. We may still search around to try other churches, but this one is always a good "home" base to fall back on. I would say the service was lovely, but I won't lie. I was so focused on keeping JC quiet and still and happy and fed and in my lap that I don't remember a word. I always love church, though, and I love Easter. Celebrate the Risen Lord! (this is the time of year where I ask myself: am I living a life worth Jesus' sacrifice on the cross? The answer is usually no. So, this is like a new year! A fresh start. Let's all live worthy of the sacrifice, yes?!)

Hope everyone had a happy Easter! I will have more exciting things this week, I promise (fiesta, finally!). But first, let me recover from this Easter weekend. ;) 

Loving the viva fiesta vibe,

~ S 

Weekly TOTAL:
3 places this week, out of 3 - hit my goal! 
0 NEW places this week out of 65 (for the year)

MONTHLY TOTAL (will post every 4 weeks!): 
Total places visited: 19 (goal: 12)
New places visited: 11 (goal: 65 in a year)

No comments:

Post a Comment