Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 3

Monday April 7 - Sunday April 13, 2014

Places visited:

  • MacArthur Park
  • Marriott Rivercenter 
  • Oro Restaurant
  • Riverwalk: Maria Mia 
  • Lee Nails
  • Two Bros BBQ (rehearsal dinner)
  • The 1850 Settlement (wedding venue)

Here's the breakdown...

Last week was crazy! Between a work conference (Marriott) and a family wedding (events & family galore!), we were definitely on. the. go. 

Before the chaos, JC and I visited MacArthur park. I had a little trouble getting there, but once we arrived, we played for a long time on the wheelchair accessible ramps. Perfect for kids on wheels and just starting to walk, in my opinion. So neat to see that at a public park! I got the idea to go there from the Alamo City Moms Blog. Thanks for the suggestion!  

Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning, I spent my daylight hours at the Marriott Rivercenter downtown. I worked the booth for my company, and we had a good time. A successful conference! Unfortunately, it all aligned at the same time as these nasty allergies! So my voice was a little scratchy when this was all said and done. 

While downtown, my coworkers and I visited Oro for lunch (and they went back for drinks) and Maria Mia for lunch. Oro was ok - I liked my dish, but the service was a little slow for being one of two tables at lunch. The coworkers raved about the bartender, though. Maria Mia was good - had the small plate of chicken fajita nachos and I was full after eating half! Plus perfect patio weather. 

But then the real fun began - wedding weekend!! J's sister got married and the festivities didn't stop! We had a bbq at our house on Thursday night. Then Friday, the girls got their nails done at Lee Nails (which was a nice place, but my guy spent maybe 12 minutes on me for $18?! I didn't even get an arm/hand massage!*), etc. Then came the rehearsal and dinner which brings me to say - I have heard a LOT of good things about Two Bros, but we had an extremely disappointing experience. THEY DID NOT HAVE US SCHEDULED FOR THE RIGHT DAY. Ergo, no food, drink, tables or service were set aside for the 50+ person group. YIKES.... Needless to say, it was a little stressful for the bride, but once the beer starting flowing and the food arriving, all was well. It was a beautiful night, and I still am looking forward to my leftover banana pudding in the fridge. :) - which J JUST noticed and I'm like NO! That is MINE, husband!

Saturday was a typical wedding day - busy busy! I ended up learning my way around San Antonio pretty quickly with all the errands I was running. Picked up a bridesmaids dress, grabbed some last minute items at Hobby Lobby. Once we were finally clean, dressed, and out the door, it was a surreal, perfect, beautiful day for C and B! It seemed that the Settlement is a perfect venue for a San Antonio wedding of a wonderful couple! Love you both! 

Cheers to the happy couple, and cheers to another fun week in San Antonio!

~ S


Weekly TOTAL:
7 places this week, out of 3 - DEF hit my goal! (not even including all the OTHER family gatherings hehe)
7 NEW places this week out of 65 (for the year) * A GOOD WEEK * :)


*Just noticed the poor reviews for Lee Nails online as I linked to it here... glad to know I'm not the only one dissatisfied with my nails! Also, the bride had some issues with the Settlement, as pretty as it was. However, this is just my blog stating where I went and how I got to know the city. I will rarely actually place value on something unless they completely screwed up, like Two Bros did. It doesn't mean we won't give them a second chance. :) So, if anyone ends up going somewhere and has a different experience (positive or negative), great! You're exploring, too. I'm not trying to drive or remove business for any of these locations. Just a disclaimer ;) Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment