Sunday, April 6, 2014

Week 2

Monday March 31 - Sunday April 6, 2014

Places visited:

  • San Antonio Green Laundry 
  • Chick-Fil-A 
  • County Line - dinner & concert  
  • Day Trip to Austin


Here's the breakdown:

One thing we didn't have in our move from Austin to San Antonio was a dryer. We were offered one from a family member, but unfortunately, we did not have the right hookups. One visit to a local laundromat, and I was on Craig's List the next day. Not because it was a terrible place, on the contrary I had a surprisingly pleasant experience, but because of the sheer convenience of having a dryer at home! 

Moms and dads who are doing laundry outside the home, I SALUTE YOU. 

I found a nice clean place, but I had SO MANY things to clean, it was a little stressful. I probably looked like newbie, too. Amateur hour. But in all seriousness... when you find yourself new to town or out of commission on a personal laundry facility, I recommend San Antonio Green Laundry. They've got some good Yelp reviews, too! 

The next day, I needed a "break". I'd like to think that every parent needing such a moment of peace knows the best place to grab a quick, relatively healthy bite to eat at a restaurant where kids can then wear themselves out on the indoor, air-conditioned playscape. For us, this is Chick-Fil-A. While not a NEW experience, it is one I can count on... and I needed it that Tuesday! It was a nice, clean location with a fun playground. And of course, I love a place that helps moms get their food to their table, locate high chairs and the like. We'll always be returning to Chick-Fil-A! Great service. 

Wednesday night, my husband was hosting some work colleagues out for a happy hour type event, and I got to join him. We had dinner and drinks at the County Line on I-10 where they were kicking off their summer concert series, so we got to see the Dirty River Boys play - always a fun show. I didn't expect to see a cool little outside stage area, so it was a nice smaller show venue. Definitely check it out! 

Lastly, yesterday we made a day trip up to Austin. I had a hair appointment and we had tickets to the Round Rock Express game which included a Bob Schneider show at the end. Always fun. Visited our old haunts, the Black Sheep Lodge as well as Doc's on Congress. We saw the game result in a WIN then danced to Bob in the outfield. A fun night. Just a longer drive home than usual.... :) 

Weekly TOTAL:
4 places this week, out of 3 - hit my goal!
2 new places this week out of 65 (for the year) 

Adventures are out there, explorers! (from the movie UP)

~ S

Check out some pics from this week on IG... on twitter at @SA_365. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment