Thursday, May 22, 2014

Weeks 7-8

Monday May 5 - Sunday May 18 

Places visited: 

  • Pediatrician 
  • Children's Methodist Hospital 

  • Urban Taco
  • El Mercado
  • Mi Tierra
  • Blanco BBQ
  • Pei Wei  

  • Umai Mi
  • Strut Hair Salon
  • Castroville Event Center, for a friend's wedding
Y'all the irony is not lost on me that last week, I almost skipped a post and combined weeks. Well, here we are. 
The three categories of places above are broken down based on:
a) my sick baby (7-8 days of doctor's visits, a 2am hospital visit, and trips to Walgreen's for more Tylenol). 
b) my bff from VA visited and wanted to go to her favorite spots (Mexican restaurants, BBQ, and Pei Wei, which we don't have in Virginia).
c) We went out once more for Gigi's birthday (J's grandma, JC's great grandma) and then I got my hair did for the wedding we attended - so more celebrations.

So, yeah.

UGH. 
When my kid was sick (he had roseola - no way to protect against it, no way to treat it, only have to pray his fever breaks and his rash doesn't get worse and he doesn't give it to anyone else, etc), I was so tired. I have never been more worried, except when maybe he was a week old and projectile vomiting. THAT was a little scary. But this - no explanation (at first) from doctor as to the problem... no way to know what to give him to "treat" it... just nerve wracking. I can't imagine what parents of perpetually sick children feel. I pray for them daily. My heart is with y'all.

Once he was on the mend (the rash appeared, signaling it was indeed roseola and that it was over), my best friend happened to make her way into town. So, we went out and ate almost every meal at her favorite spots and new places she wanted to try. All of them were great, though my bank account needs to be replenished!

Then, late last week, I got my hair cut here for the first time. All you ladies know how big of a deal it is to leave your stylist behind when you move... I almost drove to Austin to get a trim. But I am glad I gave Strut a chance. Sophia was meticulous and precise, and once I got home and let it do it's thing, I loved it (I liked it there, too, but I only blow dry and straighten my hair once every two months IN the salon... so I needed to see it in my "natural" state). I look forward to seeing her again to see how she can help me continue to grow it out, as my ultimate goal is to get it long enough to chop it back off and donate it. 

Fun wedding - Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Campsey! Just exhausted.

So, sorry for the lame post - I knew I had to catch up. 

And this week, per my typical cycle, is all recovery and errands since we have no more spending money in the budget. We've been playing in the backyard pool and walking/jogging so I can prep for the Wounded Warrior Project 8k in September. 
So I apologize in advance for the current week's post, too. ;)

Hope everyone has a blessed and safe Memorial Day weekend. Thank a veteran or active duty service member. I know I appreciate their service and sacrifice! 

~ S



Weekly TOTAL:
10 places this week, out of 6 (two week total/goal)
6 NEW places this week, out of 65/year 

No comments:

Post a Comment