Saturday, May 31, 2014

Week 9

Monday May 19 - Sunday May 25 

Places visited: 

  • Petsmart
  • European Wax Center
  • Whole Earth Provisions
  • Canyon Cafe
  • Errands: Target, Lowe's, REI

Here's the breakdown...

AHH another late/blurry/semi-"boring" week. I work from home, so my focus last week was catching up with work from the aforementioned sick baby. Plus, RAIN! Alas, we didn't do much, again. But you know what?! I'm not discouraged. I am trying to be a tourist in my own town, but I am here for potentially the next say 20-30 years or more so I can't be too hard on myself for not going to the hottest new place every. single. week. I will try to write more frequently/on-time though. My b.

Petsmart - FREE ENTERTAINMENT ALERT. We went to drop off D to have a bath, but I did not expect this! My 15-month-old toddler could have looked at the fish tanks, hamsters, cats, birds, and dog toys for another hour. So, while it was officially an "errand," it ended up being so much more. And I encourage other moms at wit's end to enjoy some free AC/aquarium time. 

Related to my last post regarding hair appointments, another big step for me was to find a wax place to get my regular rip. That sounds bad. But you know what I mean. I needed a new go-to gal and so I tried the European Wax Center. I have to say, this blog is not to overly praise or bash... but this was not my style. Hard wax that dried on me was not as pleasant (to me, my opinion) as hot wax with the cloth strips. That said, I am glad I gave it a try since now I know it likely won't be my "go to" place and they also did my first visit half off. So only out $23 instead of $47. Win/win?  

Since my appointment was in the Quarry we also stopped by the Whole Earth store and the Canyon Cafe for lunch. I had the crab cake and it was surprisingly good! Came with a fruity salsa and little side salad, but it was a sizable cake in and of itself. Bravo, CC!

Errands, blah. Returned shoes, bought diapers, got some outdoor cushions and bug spray, yada yada yada. You get it. 

Hope everyone has had an awesome week. I will post week 10 by Mon/Tues and no later, I promise!

Now get out and enjoy.

~ S

No comments:

Post a Comment